- This event has passed.
October 31, 2022 – November 2, 2022 CET
2022 marks the 200th anniversary of Brazil’s declaration of independence and 180 years of commercial relations between Brazil and Norway. To celebrate it, the Brazilian-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce is presenting this exclusive event to show the best of Brazilian culture.
Brazil 200 will take place at Sentralen, in Oslo. The 3-days event will bring to you a high standard of content curation focused on Business, Culture, Entrepreneurship, Fashion, and Sustainability.
Speeches, performances, and exhibitions
- Official Brazil 200 opening cocktail with hostess Larissa Slotter and short introductions of some of our speakers covering industry, culture, sustainability, innovation, and more.
- Meet Oskar Metsavaht, President of Instituto-E, Founder and Creative Director of Osklen (a leading sustainable fashion brand from Brazil) and UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for the Culture of Peace and Sustainability and the Ocean Decade.
- Learn how the codfish adventure began back in 1842 with the first Norwegian ship arriving in Brazil.
- Enjoy Brazilian dance and music.
Talks and panels on:
- Conscious production to conscious consumption — sustainability and innovation.
- The challenges of a sustainability transformation.
- Alfredo Andersen: portraits, landscapes, and the life of the Norwegian painter who migrated to Brazil.
- The indispensable work of Norwegian NGOs and their social projects in Brazil.
- Mental health in the workplace and at home: a project of voluntary psychologists helping Brazilians abroad.
Set of experts as speakers
Professionals from different industries, from business to fashion to social to sustainability, will walk you through this high-standard content and meaningful discussions. Come to meet them, connect, and share ideas. This is a networking opportunity not to be missed.
Culture, fashion, and art to experience
Visit an exclusive Art Exhibition of the Norwegian painter Alfredo Andersen, with physical paintings and a digital exhibition. Also explore an artistic immersion about the Amazon presented by Instituto-E (a Brazilian NGO), and Osklen (a leading sustainable fashion brand from Brazil).